Thursday, January 20, 2011

One Hundred Things ..... Anonymous

A collection of lists. Take the challenge. 100 things about yourself. Streaming flow of consciousness, as personal or as general as you care to make it...but make it count. You might learn something about yourself and I promise it's better than 20 questions!





  1. I don’t like trying to describe myself.
  2. I think I am a better writer than I actually am.
  3. Country music calms me and pumps me up at the same time...I LOVE IT!
  4. I married by best friend and am a very lucky person.
  5. I am often overwhelmed by life.
  6. I wish I had more tolerance for people, everyone is going through something and I should be more forgiving in most cases.
  7. Someday I want to write a novel.
  8. I love going to new places and exploring.
  9. I am very proud of my daughter, whether she believes that or not.
  10. I am terrified that I failed to do my job as a mom and she will never come back to me.
  11. I discovered joy in life through my husband…he opened my eyes to a whole new world.
  12. I love redecorating, just wish it wasn’t so expensive!
  13. I am able to feel lonely in a room packed with people, in fact that is usually where I feel the most alone.
  14. I am an only child.
  15. I am thankful to my mother for everything she gave up for me and I am so very sorry for all the heartache I put her through.
  16. I didn’t always make the right choices, but all the choices helped to get me where I am today
  17. Sometimes my priorities are messed up.
  18. I still think about my first love.
  19. Self confidence has never come easily, it is a work in progress.
  20. I need to lose weight.
  21. Clowns terrify me more than spiders.
  22. I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
  23. I LOVE the mountains and will live there someday.
  24. I want to sell everything I own and travel around the country.
  25. I watch to much mindless television.
  26. My favorite is Parenthood.
  27. My most favorite movie is White Christmas
  28. I am horrible at video games.
  29. I must be good at something
  30. Everyone has a talent, right?
  31. If I were to guess how most people would describe me I would say “beige.”
  32. I am afraid of being rejected.
  33. I like my job.
  34. I don’t love my job.
  35. I just saw a guy drive by on a snowmobile with an 8 foot ladder and a shovel.
  36. I wish I could see myself the way others see me.
  37. I never finished college.
  38. I am not sure I want to.
  39. I am still afraid of disappointing my mother.
  40. I often think about the people who are no longer with me….and I talk to them.
  41. The only one responsible for the way I feel is me….but that mean there wasn’t “help” from others.
  42. I find all kinds of recipes I want to try, but never do.
  43. I am not sure if I never learned how to keep a friend, or if I am just no good at it.
  44. My favorite color changes depending on my mood.
  45. Generally I like greens.
  46. I LOVE tomatoes!
  47. I get seasick.
  48. I have bad luck with airlines.
  49. America’s Funniest Videos can always cheer me up.
  50.  I have not met most of my clients
  51. Camping is my favorite summer thing.
  52. Hope to buy a new camper this year.
  53. But we will be using the tent more often this year.
  54. I want to quit smoking, but not enough to quit.
  55. I like Bud Light.
  56. probably too much
  57. I prefer little hometown bars.
  58. My favorite flower is the lily…such a happy flower!
  59. I have brown eyes
  60. I don’t really know my natural hair color…..Peggy always gets it close!
  61. I wish I could cook like my grandma.
  62. I wish she could teach me.
  63. Mark Harmon is hot
  64. Some people need to be MUCH more open minded.
  65. Politicians makes me angry
  66. My rational side understands that all the romantic stuff only happens in the movies, but the dreamer side of me still believes it COULD happen
  67. I beat myself up when I make a mistake
  68. I want to be swept off my feet.
  69. Desperately wants to go to Country Jam again
  70. I wish I had an eyelash worth of Kathleen’s talent.
  71. I am afraid of the water
  72. …bridges
  73. …heights in general
  74. But I try to do things that challenge those fears.
  75. I have ridden in a helicopter
  76. I have zip lined down a mountain
  77. I swam with stingrays…didn’t so much enjoy that one, but I did it!
  78. I am proud of my husband for following his dreams.
  79. My cell phone rarely rings
  80. I love when it rains on a hot humid day.
  81. The smell of the rain is relaxing
  82. I have one tattoo, but would like more
  83. I broke my ankle last spring and now have 2 plates and 7 screws in me
  84. What ever happened to Bugs Bunny?
  85. I would like to think that someone would miss me when I gone.
  86. I think we should all take a step back, slow down and look at how we affect other people.
  87. This town is FULL of horrible drivers
  88. Some day I want to cruise the ocean in one of those big fancy yachts…or maybe just take a tour of one to see how the “other half” lives.
  89. I am doing my best to be an optimistic person….it is a learning process.
  90. I have not had a horrible life
  91. Life seems to be getting better as I get older
  92. …or maybe I am getting better
  93. I am all for helping people who are willing to help themselves.
  94. I used to be one of them
  95. Looking back at this list, it seems as though many different people wrote it….should I be worried?
  96. I look forward to seeing my husband at the end of every work day.
  97. I will always be a dreamer.  Without dreams and goals, what do we have?
  98. I tend to have all kinds of thoughts running through my head, but I can never get them out so they sound like they did in my head (see?!)
  99. I am envious of many people for many reasons, but I will always be me.
  100. Finished…..until I think of something else.

No comments: