Saturday, January 22, 2011

One Hundred Things .... Cheryl

A collection of lists. Take the challenge. 100 things about yourself. Streaming flow of consciousness, as personal or as general as you care to make it...but make it count. You might learn something about yourself and I promise it's better than 20 questions!
 
 
 
 
1.  I am a Scorpio.
2.  I am old but I like to think of it as middle age.
3.  I am a widow.
4.  I once saw a grassy field at night with millions of ligtning bugs.  
It was magical.
5.  I have stood in the center of a crop circle.
6.  I see dead people (sometimes).
7.  I was 4 years old when I had my first spirit visitor.
8.  I still love my husband.
9.  Most people like me.
10. I'm a good cook.
11. I can't carry a tune.
12. My son once told me "Don't sing Mom".  He was 2.
13. 13 is my lucky number.
14. My daughter told a friend of her's who was visiting us that "my Mom 
is the meanest woman in the world.  If monsters came to our
     house my Mom would scare them away."  She was 6, her friend also 6 
was scared of monsters.
15. I don't lie.
16. I think I'm a medium.
17. I'm currently studying the Tarot.
18. I am spiritual, but not religious.
19. I don't want someone to come to my door to preach to me.
20. I don't know if I'll send this to Kate or not.
21. My home is my sanctuary.
22. If you ever leave my table hungry, its your own fault.
23. When I met my husband for the first time, it was love at first 
sight.  It literally felt like a bolt of energy hit me in the
     chest (the heart chakra).
24. Helping him die was the hardest thing I've ever had to do (and no I 
did not kill him).
25. I'm an open book.
26. What you see is what you get, but most people don't see.
27. There were 13 years difference in my husband's and my ages.
28. I have FSH Muscular Dystrophy (fascioscapulohumeral) which I 
inherited from my Dad.
29. It is autosomal dominant that means both sexes can inherit the 
disease from an affected parent.
30. My brothers have chosen not to be tested; the same with my children.
31. Hopefully they will not have inherited the gene.
32. I am not as affected by the MD as my Dad was.
33. My Mother is still living (86), my Father is not.
34. I worked for NASA for 27 years.
35. I can't believe that I'm retired.
36. I retired a little early to care for my husband and to spend more 
time with him.
37. I've had cancer and radiation and they both suck.
38. Don't do either of those if you can help it.
39. Although I must say it was easier being the one who was sick, than 
watching someone I loved go through it.
40. I wouldn't go through all the things he did just to stay alive.
41. I appreciate how hard he tried to stay for me.
42. He was very present when I was ill, even though he had died the year 
before.
43. Doing this list is harder than it looks.
44. I am not afraid of dying.
45. I'd like to write a book, but everything comes out as poetry.
46. I was born in 1946.
47. My Dad was a Marine Staff Sargeant in World War II.
48. His Dad served in France in World War I.
49. My Great Grandfather was a photographer and a financier.
50. I think there should be balloons and fireworks.  I'm half way there!!!
51. I hate wearing shoes.
52. I can't wear high heels anymore.
53. Red is my favorite color.
54. I had my kitchen painted orange last year.
55. It horrified my Mother.
56. That made me smile.
57. I don't like hot and humid weather.
58. Fall is my favorite time of year.
59. My decorating style is a pared down country.
60. I like antiques, things that have a history.
61. My great, great Uncle was a doctor on the Illinois frontier.
62. My husband's Grandmother was born during the Civil War.
63. Doesn't that bring history into focus more?
64. Hey that's my age!
65. Social Security's Medicare is looming large.
66. I'm still on the pretty side of 65.
67. Many might disagree with #66.
68. I don't care.
69. I don't dye my hair.  Its still mostly brown.
7o. I don't know where my upper lip went; it seems to have deflated with 
age.
71. I don't want collagen treatments or botox.
72. Aging with grace and dignity seem just fine to me.
73. Nothing is scarier than a 90 year old woman with black hair and big 
red lips.
74. Remember that ladies.
75. I never get lonely.
76. I enjoy my own company.
77. We are all surrounded all the time by our guides and spirits.
78. I am happy for no apparent reason most of the time.  Perhaps content 
would be a better choice of words.
78. I have a cat named Max who will be 16 this Spring.
79. I've only had Max for 2 years.
80. It was an in-family adoption.  Max was my son's cat but his wife was 
allergic to long-haired cats.
81. Max came to me at the right time and has been my companion through 
grief.
82. I have a wicked sense of humor.
83. I used to joke that our family motto was "Anything worth doing, is 
worth doing the hard way."
84. Only it wasn't really a joke.
85. I got 3 new Grandchildren on the day my son got married.
86. Thank goodness they are too old to babysit.
87. I've had a very good life.
88. I wish I could go back and visit my Grandparents on their farm and 
ask them about their lives when they were children.
89. I always wanted to explore their attic but was afraid to go up there.
90. I'm in the home stretch now!
91. When I was younger I wanted to live by the ocean.
92. I have a place by the ocean now, but I don't want to live there.
93. I found that the Pacific Northwest resonates with my soul.
94. I may move there someday.
95. I absolutely love the Twilight Saga books and all the movies.
96. I am an incurable romantic.
97. I also love all the Harry Potter books.
98. I'm a sucker for magical stories.
99. I used to be an avid reader, but now there has to be a good story to 
draw me in.
100. I remember what it felt like to be 16.

No comments: