Tuesday, December 14, 2010

One Hundred Things .... Paddy

A collection of lists. Take the challenge. 100 things about yourself. Streaming flow of consciousness, as personal or as general as you care to make it...but make it count. You might learn something about yourself and I promise it's better than 20 questions!





1 I’m going to die young.
2 I like clementines, especially at Christmas time.
3 My one true success in life has been being a mother.
4 I’m not a perfect mother, they don’t exist.
5 I used to write poetry.
6 I paint now, sporadically.
7 I left my husband in August 2005
8 Blank pages frighten me.
9 Blank canvasses I find daunting.
10 I believe in Astrology when it suits me,
11 I’m a Leo with rising sign in Sagittarius, double fire, so they say.
12 I love El Greco.
13 I can block out sound.
14 I’m an intuitive cook.
15 I lived in Italy for 25 years.
16 Of Human Bondage by Somerset Maugham is my favourite book.
17 I could live without music.
18 I like dancing to tunes in my head.
19 I’ve lost all my self-confidence.
20 I have a boyfriend called Michael.
21 I love the sea.
22 I live 5 minutes walk from the Atlantic Ocean.
23 I’m finding it ever more difficult to like alcoholic beverages.
24 My favourite dish is pizzocheri because it has potatoes and cabbage yet is Italian.
25 I am a charity shop addict.
26 I used to teach English to Italians from 3 years of age to 73.
27 I snore.
28 I like wearing black, white or beige, occasionally red and very recently pink.
29 I used to know lots of people and have lots of friends.
30 I used to co-own my own language consultancy business.
31 I speak Italian fluently and rusty French.
32 I used to be a theoretical gardener.
33 I have a son who is 21 and a daughter who is 19.
34 My parents almost called me Helen but then decided that as my surname begins with H it would have been too much of a mouthful.
35 I have four pairs of black boots yet still I crave (and look for) the perfect pair.
36 I like sleeping on my right side.
37 I love shiny things, baubles, jewellery … Michael calls it my magpie instinct.
38 Some people call me Patricia and others call me Paddy.
39 I am still legally married to my husband.
40 I take 9 tablets on a good day, 13 on a bad.
41 I love the wind in my face.
42 I’ve hardly any friends at all any more. It is of my making.
43 I drink Guinness very, very rarely and only from the Harbour Bar in Portrush.
44 I am bi-polar.
45 I have a permanent love affair with my washing machine and tumble dryer.
46 I don’t really like those smelly candle things.
47 I am very proud of my children.
48 I was 50 this year, no big deal.
49 I have three sisters and a brother and another brother died from cystic fibrosis about 45 years ago.
50 I am the eldest.
51 I have my mother’s name as my middle name, Ann.
52 Even though I could live without music I do love singing, especially hymns and big church choral pieces.
53 I used to read four books at a time.
54 I’m overweight and have been since I was a child.
55 I love swimming but I only know the backstroke.
56 I go to a day centre for adults with physical and mental disabilities.
57 I no longer bite my nails, after 45 years!
58 I used to be a very sexual person.
59 My favourite piece of jewellery is a ring my kids bought me for my 50th. I wear it all the time.
60 I love crisp white sheets.
61 Yellow roses are my favourite flower.
62 I miss my husband.
63 The sunsets where I live are so splendid a song was written about them.
64 I hate milk except for a drop in my tea and coffee oh and in my porridge.
65 I love being in my small garden planting and pruning watering and weeding.
66 I look younger than I am, everyone says so.
67 I have an ear-ring fetish.
68 I’m useless with ALL technology.
69 I met Michael on the internet.
70 I love driving to this lovely town called Ballycastle about 14 miles along the coast from here. For some reason my family thinks this is hilarious.
71 I smoke. I want to stop.
72 I’ll always prefer the quiet man in the corner to the loud one at the bar.
73 If I were to fantasise about someone of the opposite sex it would be Daniel Day Lewis.
74 I wear the same perfume as my mother, Aromatics Elixir by Clinique.
75 I had a total nervous breakdown 8 years ago.
76 I’ve been dyeing my hair since I was 18.
77 I adore lingerie. I don’t wear it any more.
78 That music thing I said, I forgot, I love opera.
79 I went off coffee for a while but came to my senses … I make a mean espresso.
80 I love following British and Italian politics.
81 I can only read two pages of a book at a time now.
82 I like having painted toe nails.
83 I tried to commit suicide twice in 2002.
84 I love my children dearly.
85 I used to like driving fast but no longer feel the need to.
86 I hate flying … if only they’d let me pilot the plane … I’d feel much better!!
87 I hope my Italian husband come to live here when he retires in 10 years time.
88 I really look like my father.
89 My daughter looks a bit like me and my son looks a bit like me but in different ways, so I have been told.
90 I feel a bit disillusioned by the internet.
91 I haven’t worked for more than 5 years.
92 I’m not good at keeping in touch.
93 I like my own company.
94 My biggest fear is something horrible happening to my children.
95 I’m left-handed.
96 I love scarves, wool, silk, cotton ….
97 My memory has utterly gone to the dogs.
98 I lost my mother in August this year.
99 I miss her very much.
100 I’m done.

No comments: