Thursday, December 9, 2010

One Hundred Things .... Josh

A collection of lists. Take the challenge. 100 things about yourself. Streaming flow of consciousness, as personal or as general as you care to make it...but make it count. You might learn something about yourself and I promise it's better than 20 questions!





1. I have regrets, but nothing I cannot change or live with.
2. I am comfortable being alone; sometimes it is preferred, although there is something to be said for people on occasion.
3. I speak French, not a lot, but enough.
4. I like good jazz, specifically Miles Davis and Billie Holiday.
5. I am a decent poker player. Not great, but good enough to make some money from time to time.
6. I lie better than people give me credit for, hence the poker skills.
7. There is a list of places that I want to see before I am gone, and I will.
8. My temper has a long fuse, takes quite a while for me to finally blow, but when I do it can be bad.
9. Montecristo cigars, nuff said.
10. I am no longer a planner.
11. I have had crushes on girls 3 times in my life, Elementary school, Middle school through High school, and in college… sorry no names will be mentioned.
12. I love quotes.
13. Coffee will pick my mood up, not just my energy.
14. Do not ask me a question if you do not want the truth.
15. I am a Kiwanian.
16. I do not want kids of my own. Never have.
17. Ignorance bugs me, willful ignorance even more.
18. Tell me I am not able to do something and chances are I will try just because.
19. I have been to a strip club.
20. George Carlin makes me laugh my ass off.
21. I made it to 20 before being intoxicated.
22. I did not get my driver’s license until I was 25.
23. Gut feelings should be listened to.
24. I have done some things I am not proud of, but I think I have learned a great deal from most of them and will not be repeating.
25. I carry a knife on me at all times, the few moments I do not have one are the times when it is most needed.
26. Pocket watch, not wrist watch.
27. Humphrey Bogart is cool personified.
28. I was once taught to reggae dance by three beautiful girls from Jamaica.
29. I am not a phone person. Anyone I have had a conversation with on the phone for more than 2 minutes can consider themselves one of the chosen few.
30. Being single on Valentine’s Day has never bothered me, New Years does. Go figure.
31. I am right handed, the only thing I can do with my left is shoot pool, kind of strange, but true.
32. I would rather spend my money on experiences than things.
33. I had one straight A year in college.
34. Libraries are some of my favorite buildings to be in.
35. I hit the snooze button every time my alarm goes off.
36. I save everything. Pack rat I am.
37. Useless knowledge is something I possess.
38. I have read every Sherlock Holmes story by A.C. Doyle.
39. There is no music I will not give a try. My IPod has everything on it, shake it up and be surprised.
40. Looking into the past is something I do too often. I am trying to get away from it, but dammit it is hard.
41. I am beginning to understand forgiveness. Things I use to think were unforgiveable I am now seeing in a different light for certain reasons.
42. My way of dealing with some problems is to ignore them until I can’t.
43. When I was a child I joined a tap dancing class. I went there to see if I liked it and a girl I had a crush on was in the class. Decision made.
44. I can handle my drinks, although one good gin and tonic will jump start the buzzing faster than a few of anything else.
45. I have seen two oceans.
46. According to the Mensa sample test my IQ is 187.
47. Only started one physical altercation in my life, and would do it again. Some things I just cannot stand by and let happen.
48. I can cook a pretty good meal. Pan fried steak being my specialty.
49. For good or bad I think knowing is always better than not knowing.
50. Procrastination is my life. I always get my work done, but usually at the last minute. Packing is the one exception; I tend to be packed for a trip the night before at least.
51. I can’t stand gardening, other outdoor chores not so much of a problem, but no gardening for this boy.
52. Sent my first text message earlier this year. Behind the times perhaps, but seemed to survive without it.
53. Hard to find writing more beautiful than Shakespeare.
54. I do not like to fly, but will for the right reasons.
55. I have discovered that the anticipation of something can be worse than the actual event, the mind can run the wrong direction sometimes.
56. I have miraculously manage to keep track of my Zippo lighter for 6 years, not many things make it that long with me.
57. I have faith in people, I have seen the good they are capable of.
58. I have tried steer wrestling.
59. Dumb pride has gotten me in trouble in the past, still hard to let go of it.
60. Air conditioning is a must.
61. Somewhere along the line I became the reactionary of the family… not sure when that happened.
62. I will not give up red meat.
63. You can keep your Angelina Jolies and Nicole Kidmans give me a flirty look from Marilyn Monroe or a young Lauren Bacall asking for a match anytime.
64. When it comes to junk food it is salty not sweet for me.
65. I once held a girl in the pouring rain while she cried on my shoulder.
66. Even if the destination is a bad one road trips can still be fun.
67. I have some of the best friends that anyone could ask for and I am thankful for all of them.
68. I was once engaged, didn’t work out but I learned a lot.
69. I will someday know what the air smells like while watching the sunrise in Africa.
70. I am a romantic.
71. These new math techniques taught in schools bug me.
72. Cold doesn’t bother me. No jacket all winter long that’s me.
73. I do not watch any new tv program. A few reruns of things and an occasional new show, but no weekly program that I need to tune into.
74. I collect classic books, my best one being an 1887 copy of Les Miserables
75. Every year around Christmas I get the flu. Doesn’t matter what I do it always shows up, the Christmas break from school was oh so much fun.
76. I buy bottled water, not because I think it is better than tap but because I am at the gas station and want something to drink besides soda.
77. Biggest celebrity that I got to actually meet was Kirby Puckett. He said hello and I got to shake his hand when he visited our school. I wasn’t supposed to be in the entry way that they were walking through but class just wasn’t that exciting, was at the right place at the right time.
78. I get very quiet around people I do not know. Not being rude, just quiet.
79. My cowboy boots are my favorite piece of footwear, will be sad when I have to retire them, although it does make room for getting a new pair.
80. Did not have internet until my first year in college. I still got all my research done in high school… they are called books.
81. I sleep on average about 3 hours a night. I seem to get by on that without too much trouble, but then again my daily dose of coffee probably helps.
82. I have kissed first.
83. My junior year in high school I saw every production and event at the local performing arts center, and for free. Just required a little volunteer work It was a great year.
84. I sprained my knee and was on crutches for 5 months, golf is a rough sport.
85. I have been skinny dipping.
86. Pac Man is the best video game ever invented.
87. I broke my first bone in 2010, my big toe.
88. I have a terrible memory for names of people I meet. I once talked with a girl for two hours about all the things we had done since graduation and I still do not know who she was.
89. For as much reading as I do I have yet to sit down with the Harry Potter or Twilight series.
90. I still remember the first time I watched a John Wayne movie with my grandfather; I would have been about 5 at the time. A good memory.
91. I have been taken advantage of by people more than I would like to remember, monetarily, emotionally, etc, but I still keep that faith (see #57).
92. I consider myself a decent dancer, but in the long run I don’t care, I just think it’s fun.
93. I like to be a regular at places in town. I go to the same branch of my bank every week, the same coffee shop, the same restaurant, etc. I like the fact that the people know me.
94. Fresh tomatoes are horrible. Keep them off my plate!
95. Driving fast with the windows open is the best way.
96. Guinness. I like a beer I can sink my teeth into.
97. One of my most important goals in life is to be a good friend.
98. I still do not understand bullying.
99. I like the smell of bleach. Smells clean to me.
100. I will not make an argument that I cannot back up. Debate anyone?

No comments: